The page that you requested does not exist.
Please use the menu above to find what you were looking for.
Lithium Ion batteries require a Battery Management System (BMS). The EV Power LiFePO4 BMS consists of two parts:
1) Cell Modules - one per cell, act as standalone shunt regulator balancers and link together to provide cell level voltage monitoring.
2) Battery Control Unit (BCU) - one per battery pack, monitors the battery voltage and the cell modules and takes action to prevent charging or discharging if the heartbeat signal is broken.
A BMS MUST HAVE the following basic functions:
1) Balance the cells during charge to level the state of charge of all cells in the pack.
2) Protect each cell in the battery from going outside its safe voltage range.
The EV Power system is known as a distributed BMS. That is, the functionality is distributed across the battery, not centrally located.
EV Power BMS Features:
- Simple - A one wire interface is all that is required. No wiring birds nest.
- Modular - one small balancing module bolts directly to each cell.
- Fail Safe - the unique EV Power one wire current loop safety interlock system prevents any cell from going over/under voltage.
- Encapsulated - epoxy encased cell modules resist dust and moisture
- Scalable - LiFePO4 Battery balancing and monitoring from one cell up to any number.
- Flexible - the BCUs work with almost any charger.
- Analogue - Reliable analogue electronic cell modules, no microcontrollers in high a EMI environment.
- Standalone - The EV Power BMS cell modules and BCU can be powered from the battery it protects. Most other BMSs require external 12V input for their power, adding more complication and unreliability.
- Safe -Isolated signal wire connections.
- Easy Cell Status indication - LED indicators on each cell.
- High Quality - Gold plated, each cell module goes through rigorous testing.
- Cost Effective - low cost per cell for large format Lithium Ion batteries.
- Invented and manufactured in Australia since 2007.
Low profile means no space is required above the actual cell bolts for the cell balancing modules. Please compare with other systems using PCBs attached to the cells.
Epoxy encapulated circuitry protects cell balancing modules against dust and water.