BorgWarner (Sevcon) Electric Drives
EV Power represents BorgWarner (aka Sevcon) electric drive controllers in Australia/NZ. We stock Gen4 PMAC controllers and can also supply other Sevcon spare parts on request.
Sevcon Gen 4 controllers are designed for both AC induction and Permanent Magnet AC (PMAC) motors. They come in size 2, 4, 6 with current ratings from 180 to 600ADC and voltage ranges of 24 – 120VDC.
* Brushless motor, PMAC compatible
* IP65 ingress protection
* tuned for our Motenergy ME111x range of PMAC motors
* Master/Slave dual motor control configurable
* Size 2,4,6 DC nominal battery voltages to 96VDC operational
* Size 8 DC nominal battery voltage to 400VDC operational, 400A max
* configured as standard for Sin/Cos encoders, UVW encoder configurable
* smooth, quiet control of motors
Three standard configurations for Motenergy motors. Specify at order time.
1) Electric Vehicle with hall effect foot throttle, torque control with strong braking regen.
2) Boat Motor with directional throttle ( forward – centre neutral – reverse), speed control.
3) Motor Cycle with resistive twist grip throttle, torque control with mild regen.
|Size 2||1.3kg||24-80V||180A – 300A||Drawing|
|Size 4||2.7kg||24-110V||300A – 450A||Drawing|
|Size 6||4.6kg||24- 80V||550A – 650A||Drawing|
Information on Size 8 (300V 100kW) and 10 (700V 250kW) is available to qualified persons on request.
The controllers we supply are tuned to Motenergy Motors. If you have a requirement to power other types of motor a configuration charge may apply.
We have trained with Sevcon Limited UK and are happy to assist with your requirements. Sevcon does not accept direct sales or support inquiries.
ALLOW US TO FACILITATE YOUR PROJECT !
NOTES: 35 way plug connector is free of charge with controller, No SIZE 6 110V
PLEASE NOTE: First time wiring of Sevcon controllers is much more difficult than it looks. New users often get into trouble which results in delays and frustration for them, and numerous support calls for us. We offer a custom harness design and wiring service for a reasonable hourly charge. It is well worth it!
No two electric motor applications are the same. Each has a specific set of requirements. We tune controllers to motors in-house for our customers specific to their application and charge an hourly fee accordingly.