- New power control technology.
- Meets International electrical energy products requirements (Power efficiency 80+)
- Meets International environmental protection requirements (RoHS) for reduction of hazardous substances
- Intelligent charging mode: Increases the battery recharge capacity and improves the battery life.
- Microprocessor auto detect: Monitors the charging and automatically stops charging and displays fault LED if abnormalities are detected such as short circuit, disconnection, reverse polarity.
- Over heat protection: Automatically drops down the output power to protect the charger against over heating.
- Short circuit protection: If positive and negative terminals touch, the power output is automatically stopped.
- Disconnect protection: If a terminal is disconnected during charging, the charger will automatically return to standby mode.
- Reverse polarity protection: If battery polarity is reversed, the power output is automatically stopped.
- Anti-Arc protection: The terminals will not spark if touched together or connected to battery.
- Multi-stage charging functions:
- Pre-charge 1 – This stage is active only if the battery is severely discharged and helps to protect and recondition the cells against damage.
- Pre-charge 2 – Soft start, moderate charging at the beginning to prevent the peak current damaging the cells.
- Bulk Charging – Maximum current, the current is fixed according maximum capability of the charger.
- Absorption – Charging with declining current to maximise the battery capacity.
- Analysis – Determines the battery charge status and the battery saturation.
- Power-off mode – Shuts down voltage and current when charging is complete. This avoids overcharging and variations in battery voltage caused by trickle current after charging.