Lithium Powerbank 12V in 51V out, 3.6kWhrs Storage
An engineered solution for a marine customer requiring 10kW++ power output at 51V using a 12V continuous trickle input. We designed and manufactured the entire unit in-house complete with DC-DC up converter, battery management and CANbus interface.
18kWhr 100V Battery Pack
June 2016 – 200kg with full battery management system.
MARINE ELECTRIC DRIVE UNIT
We are doing some work to design a marine drive unit with selectable ratios for use with Motenergy motors and Sevcon controllers. It features seemless transition from Forward to Reverse as well as Valet Mode and regeneration charge under sail. Version 1.
Custom Battery Pack
The EV Power team engineered and fabricated this 350VDC 62kWhr battery pack for a commercial customer. It has an integrated 4kW charger and BMS with CANbus communications.
It is also liquid cooled and features finger proof connectors.
EV POWER TOWER EVOLUTION
After 12 months continuous testing our “EV Power Tower” grid free solar storage system has developed with 25kWhr of storage. We use a 5kW inverter but the Lithium BMS is inverter independent so almost any model can be chosen.
Grid Free – The Sky is the Limit !
Sunflower Solar Power Trailer
Southern Cross University created this trailer a few years back that uses EV Power LFP batteries. It supplies power for stage lighting and sound at music events. No noise, completely renewable.
Electric Racing Kart Prototype
After some weeks of design and construction we wheeled out an electric racing kart just in time for the annual WA Electrikhana. Running 80V nominal into a Sevcon Size 2 controller mated to a ME1114 motor with belt drive to the rear axle. Headway 24S1P 15Ah battery pack delivered 120A+ with no fuss. EV Power 12S BMS. Designed with right foot throttle and left foot regen braking it has a serious turn of speed even though it was only roughly tuned. The mechanical brake was never really activated so good was the regen.
Electric Proton Jumbuck Mark III
We recently completed our third and by far the best Proton Jumbuck to EV conversion. Lucinda and Simon routinely drive 150km+ on a charge.
AC motor with regen braking, 29kWhr battery. Fully licensed and street legal.
Lithium Off-Grid Solar System
Another first! Simon and Kylie Lucas have installed an off-grid domestic power system in South West WA. We are reliably informed this is the first CEC approved Lithium battery powered system of its type in WA.
EV Power supplied and installed the 48V 27kWhr battery pack which is notable for its small footprint, light weight, low maintenance and simplicity of installation. The solar installers could not believe their eyes when the pack was delivered in the back of an electric ute, a Lead Acid battery would need a truck!
A 7kW inverter is installed and 9kW of Solar panels also supplied by EV Power.
CCTV Trailer Battery
We installed a 12V 2000Ah battery pack with chargers in a CCTV camera trailer.
Large Scale LFP Battery Pack for Uninterruptable Power
EV Power recently delivered battery packs for a large industrial Uninterruptable Power Supply. At 420VDC and 168kWhr of storage capacity this is our largest single system to date.
Electric Proton Jumbuck Mk-2
In-house project. This is our second Jumbuck conversion. Using a GLE MP20L1 AC permanent magnet motor and 90 x CALB SE100AHA cells.
BMS BCU-PEV-90C master unit with display.
The EV Power Tower
We recently completed a project for an energy utility company. For fringe of grid stabilization, its nicknamed the EV Power Tower.
- Aluminium Enclosure with front and rear three point lockable doors.
- 1030 x 910 x 1600mm
- 600 kg total, 39kW hrs nominal energy storage capacity
- 400VDC nominal
- up to 50kW hrs max available usable storage capacity
- System voltage and capacity can be varied to user requirements
- Space for up to two 19″ Rack mount solar regulators/inverters/chargers 6U (267mm) high
- Battery management system, fuses and DC contactors built in
- Small foot print for the capacity. Lead acid systems could not come near this.
Mining Application for EV Power Paks
EV Power recently supplied 16 EV Power Paks to a large mining company for telemetry systems.
AC Motor powered Electric Vehicle conversion
- Car – 2004 Proton Jumbuck GLSi 5sp manual
- Motor – Synchronous AC Permanent Magnet motor, BLDC, air cooled
- Inverter – 80kW 312V VF Drive controller, air cooled
- Have seen 300A peak at 270VDC ==> 81kW actual
- Battery – 90 Cells LiFePO4 90-100Ah, 288-300VDC nominal
- Charger – Elcon 2.5kW, 288V
- Battery Management – EV Power BMS of course!
- Steering pump – Mocen 24V 500W hydraulic
- Vacuum Brake pump – BetterVac 12V
- DC-DC 12V Aux power – Meanwell Switch mode power supply 36A (no aux battery)
- Instrumentation – Xantrex Pro, Volts, Amps, Ah, time remaining till empty.
- Battery Capacity 25kWhrs
- Range – 150km @ 90kmh
- Top Speed – 140kmh +
- Acceleration – significantly faster than IC version
- Gearbox – retained but no clutch, generally only 2nd and 3rd gears required. With some modification to the inverter no gears would be required.
- Economy 155Whrs/km Highway.
- First drive in Oct 2009
Lithium Powered Golf Cart
36V EZGO golf cart, removed 156kg of Lead Acid and installed 70kg / 48V of LiFePO4 batteries. This is the result…
- EZGO Golf Cart
- Controller – 48V Series/PM 300A (original was 36V Curtis)
- Old Batteries – 6 x Trojan T105, 156kg, 5.7kWhr (5hr rate)
- New Batteries – 16 x SE130AHA, 71kg, 6.8kWhr (1 hr rate)
- Battery Management System – EV Power of course!
- Charger – PFC LiFePO4 16 Cell 25A
- Charge time – 5 hours from Empty
- Top speed – 25kmh
- Lithium battery weighs less than half the lead acid battery.
- 20% extra range
- 25% higher top speed
- 2000 deep cycles Lithium versus 300 deep cycles Lead Acid
Whatever way you look at it LiFePO4 batteries are a clear winner!